Development Intern (Remote)
We are accepting applications for our Winter 2018 cohort of Bay Area interns.
FSD seeks a Development Intern to assist in the execution and implementation of FSD’s fundraising efforts and donor management. The development intern assists in all departmental efforts that drive the organizational mission.
- Assist with donor stewardship and gift acknowledgement processes, including entering gifts into database and producing thank you letters and other correspondence
- Draft content for various communications channels including e-newsletter, website, print newsletter, and social media
- Interview staff and program participants to develop compelling testimonials and stories that can be used in various media
- Supporting staff with logistics associated with special events, including assisting with creation of invitation list, all logistics, soliciting sponsors, communicating with venue and vendors
- Provide world-class customer service to donors and other constituents via phone and email
- Provide support for FSD’s giving circles, including the development of constituent engagement
- Tracking and evaluating all development efforts
- Participate in team meetings and other events
- Strong writing skills required
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Academic background and/or experience in communications preferred
- Team player, flexible schedule, and punctual
- Demonstrated passion for global engagement programs preferred
- Seeking an individual looking to build on their current portfolio
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Your email subject line should be "Development Internship." Please attach your resume and cover letter as separate PDFs, along with a writing sample of at least 300 words.
About Our Bay Area Internship Program
Our Bay Area intern program is open to talented, value-aligned students, recent graduates, and transitioning professionals. We offer an enriching and educational environment where you are able to contribute to FSD’s work while learning about international development and exchange. All internship positions are unpaid and focus on providing an educational experience for interns while contributing to FSD’s mission. When credit is available through your university, FSD is happy to assist with any reasonable requests related to obtaining credit.
Because we invest significant staff time in our internship program, we require a weekly time commitment of at least 16 hours over a period of at least two months; applicants who can dedicate more time to FSD are more competitive. Please note that internships will be primarily virtual, with occasional in-person meetings with your supervisor. Applicants should be prepared and able to work independently.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are not able to respond to each applicant or to accept phone inquiries about Bay Area placements. You will be contacted only if you are one of the top candidates being considered.