Digital Storytelling Intern
The Digital Storytelling Intern will work under the supervision of an International Program Officer and in collaboration with the entire International Program Team to provides support in a variety of program-related projects. Through this internship, you will have the opportunity to tell a story about FSD through blog posts, videos, newsletter articles, and other styles of storytelling. The Digital Storytelling Intern will be expected to collaborate with other interns, staff, and international teams under the supervision of the International Program Officer. Ideal candidates will be available 16-20 hours per week for 2-4 months.
- Create short digital presentations that explain FSD’s approach to development
- Work with the International Programs Team to edit video footage from the Site Teams that accurately describes FSD’s mission and projects, from the perspectives of our partner organizations, host families, staff, and interns
- Edit footage to create a series of short informational videos.
- Create content for current website
- Collaborate with other staff members to review grant proposals from the field
- Support the International Program Officer for grants in writing educational evaluations of intern grant proposals
- Write impact reports regarding project impact, sustainability, and beneficiaries
- Enthusiastic self-starter who is a team player, flexible schedule, and punctual
- Experience in video editing and marketing
- Able to work under limited supervision
- Creativity and enthusiasm for FSD with other ideas for improving the intern abroad experience.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email subject line should be "Digital Storytelling Intern."
About Our Bay Area Internship Program
Our Bay Area intern program is open to talented, value-aligned students, recent graduates, and transitioning professionals. We offer an enriching and educational environment where you are able to contribute to FSD’s work while learning about international development and exchange. All internship positions are unpaid and focus on providing an educational experience for interns while contributing to FSD’s mission. When credit is available through your university, FSD is happy to assist with any reasonable requests related to obtaining credit.
Because we invest significant staff time in our internship program, we require a weekly time commitment of at least 16 hours over a period of at least two months; applicants who can dedicate more time to FSD are more competitive. Please note that internships will be primarily virtual, with occasional in-person meetings with your supervisor. Applicants should be prepared and able to work independently.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are not able to respond to each applicant or to accept phone inquiries about Bay Area placements. You will be contacted only if you are one of the top candidates being considered.