Marketing & Outreach Intern
We are accepting applications for our Summer 2018 cohort of Bay Area interns.
FSD seeks a marketing and outreach intern to assist in the execution and implementation of the organizational marketing and communications plan. The marketing intern assists in all departmental efforts that drive the organizational mission.
- Writing and editing blog posts, social media outreach, and electronic communication
- Coordinating distribution of print collateral
- Working closely with graphic design interns to produce marketing materials
- Managing monthly analytic dashboard reporting
- Researching the competitive set and consistently provide new ideas to our marketing efforts
- Managing FSD online postings
- Developing marketing approaches/strategies to establish new university partnerships
- Utilizing new channels to recruit students to FSD's programs
- Researching upcoming conferences and events at universities
- Strong writing skills required
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Academic background and/or experience in marketing preferred
- Team player, flexible schedule, and punctual
- Demonstrated passion for global engagement programs preferred
- Seeking an individual looking to build on their current portfolio
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email subject line should be "Marketing and Outreach Internship." Please attach your resume and cover letter as separate PDFs, along with a writing sample of at least 300 words.
About Our Bay Area Internship Program
Our Bay Area intern program is open to talented, value-aligned students, recent graduates, and transitioning professionals. We offer an enriching and educational environment where you are able to contribute to FSD’s work while learning about international development and exchange. All internship positions are unpaid and focus on providing an educational experience for interns while contributing to FSD’s mission. When credit is available through your university, FSD is happy to assist with any reasonable requests related to obtaining credit.
Because we invest significant staff time in our internship program, we require a weekly time commitment of at least 16 hours over a period of at least two months; applicants who can dedicate more time to FSD are more competitive. Please note that internships will be primarily virtual, with occasional in-person meetings with your supervisor. Applicants should be prepared and able to work independently.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are not able to respond to each applicant or to accept phone inquiries about Bay Area placements. You will be contacted only if you are one of the top candidates being considered.