Program Strengthening Intern
We are accepting applications for our Summer 2018 cohort of Bay Area interns.
FSD is seeking an intern to assist the international programs department with several initiatives to provide better support to FSD site teams and international interns. The overall objective of this internship is to strengthen FSD programs and operations and enhance organizational learning and cohesion. Ideal candidates will be available 16-20 hours per week for 2-4 months.
- Interview international site team members about the application process and develop an application process led by the site teams
- Revise and standardize Site Team Manual
- Build site team and community organization capacity to prepare compelling giving circle proposals and other communications and media that will increase the fundability of programs and attract more volunteers and interns
- Review tools including Salesforce, Google Drive, website, and others to see how they could be better leveraged to enhance communications flow among all those in FSD’s community but especially between sites and headquarters
- Additional tasks as assigned by the International Programs Team
- Enthusiastic self-starter who is a team player, flexible schedule, and punctual
- Interest in building on existing skills in project management
- Able to work under limited supervision
- Creativity and enthusiasm for FSD with other ideas for improving the intern abroad experience.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email subject line should be "FSD Program Strengthening Internship."
About Our Bay Area Internship Program
Our Bay Area intern program is open to talented, value-aligned students, recent graduates, and transitioning professionals. We offer an enriching and educational environment where you are able to contribute to FSD’s work while learning about international development and exchange. All internship positions are unpaid and focus on providing an educational experience for interns while contributing to FSD’s mission. When credit is available through your university, FSD is happy to assist with any reasonable requests related to obtaining credit.
Because we invest significant staff time in our internship program, we require a weekly time commitment of at least 16 hours over a period of at least two months; applicants who can dedicate more time to FSD are more competitive. Please note that internships will be primarily virtual, with occasional in-person meetings with your supervisor. Applicants should be prepared and able to work independently.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are not able to respond to each applicant or to accept phone inquiries about Bay Area placements. You will be contacted only if you are one of the top candidates being considered.